It’s a New Year and time to think about taking your business to the next level. You work hard to make doing business more efficient, to make marketing more effective and to be on the cutting edge of your industry. So why wouldn’t you take greater care to make the place where you do business the best it can be? Consider working with commercial landscapers like The Veron Company to achieve your goals. Before you contact professionals, here are six things to consider:
- First Impressions. Well-manicured, impressive curb appeal will attract customers, not to mention boost employee morale. Whether you realize it or not, you’re making a statement with your exterior surroundings. Certain trees and plantings affect the image that people will have of your business. Tall, stately oaks give a regal, more formal appearance, while smaller, colorful shrubs offer a friendly, accessible feel. It’s a good idea to meet with contractors who can advise you about the various types of trees and plants and the messages they send.
- Safety. You want to have clearly defined walkways and strategic lighting to make it easier for clients and employees to go to and from your company facility. When you meet with landscaping experts, you can devise the best layout plan for walkways based on where your entrances and parking areas are. Also, for companies located in New England, you need to have regular snow removal service to keep all surfaces safe for everyone.
- Functionality. Clear walkways and designated parking areas aren’t only good safety measures, but they also make accessing your building easier. If you own a store, it’s smart marketing to have the front visible from the parking area, as well as a clearly defined front entrance. You don’t want to have a confusing side door, or round-the-back entrance. Keeping the landscape neat and trimmed, lining the walkways, not overgrown over them, always makes a good impression. You can’t underestimate good curb appeal!
- Environment. Going green makes a strong, positive impression of your company. Environmentally-friendly landscaping fertilizers and other products are both effective and less damaging to the planet. No matter what your business, being environmentally conscious is a big plus for potential customers. In fact, now more than ever, people are choosing particular companies over their competitors when they know that it’s a “green” company.
- Budget. Whatever changes you’re considering making, your budget is always a key factor. Consider contacting a commercial landscaping company that offers a range of services to suit your budget. They will make recommendations based on your company’s needs. Maybe you need to clean up the weeds, or plant a few carefully chosen trees. Or maybe a rock wall structure could serve to divide your area from your neighbor, while adding interest to the landscape. Sometimes just a few thoughtful improvements can make a huge difference!
- Property Value. In the event you decide to sell your property someday, curb appeal will help you to get the most bang for your buck. When potential buyers see overgrowth, cracked pavement and dead trees, it will negatively impact the sale. So this is yet another reason to keep your landscaping pristine!
The Veron Company is dedicated to providing organic, environmentally-friendly and beautiful landscaping, as well as other services. Keep checking our blog for more maintenance tips, and contact us today to let us go to work for you!
The Veron Company, serving Marlborough, Massachusetts and surrounding areas, including Cape Cod since 1982.